Friday, May 4, 2012

Bad Girl!

Okay, now what have I said?  I'm purging my stash!  What have I done?  LOL ... I've bought a bunch of new fabric.  Can you say .... can't resist a bargain?  One of the LQS in the area is closing the retail portion of their shop.  Sad to see, indeed.  I hate to see shops close, but am happy for them - they are easing a little bit further into retirement!  (green eyes flashing brightly here!).  Soooooooo, the long and short of it is, they have all their fabric on sale for $5.00/yard.  Please tell me what fabriholic could resist that?  NOT this one!  I added a whopping .... drum roll, please ... 30 yards to my stash.  Yes, I said THIRTY, not a simple three *groan*.  The good news is that I pretty much restrained myself to the colors I am currently collecting ~ black and white for the most part.  A random couple of yards that simply "spoke" to me snuck into my pile... and a to die for batik or two *smiles*.   Oh, and a three yard piece of William Morris which will be the border for a scrap quilt I've yet to start - but have collected.

So I guess I get the kinda, sorta bad girl star for the week ... although I get a good girl star for being thrifty.  After all, yard goods are now selling for 10+ per yard, but ... I don't really think I need to tell you that!  I spotted a batik piece in another shop which just screamed out to me ~ gathered the bolt tightly in my arms screaming .. MINE!  Looked at the bolt end price - 12.50/yard.  Quick like lightning placed it back on the shelf.  I simply can't make myself go there yet.  *sigh*.

Happy Shopping everyone!  Oh, yeah.. and trying a new tool I've spotted here ... scheduling postings.  This one should delay by a whole hour or so, but well worth the "test".

No comments: