Monday, May 28, 2012

Quiet, but BUSY!

WOW, I can't believe that it has been almost a month since I've posted to my own blog :((

I have, however, been uber busy!!  I joined a group called 15 minutes play, and have been doing most of my posting there.  I just can't stay glued to the computer and ever get anything done.  The group owner, Victoria, is posting what started at 12 color challenges (and since has increased to 16) ~ every Wednesday we receive a new color.  This is about as "scrappy" as I can get.  I am currently 2 and 1/2 blocks behind schedule *sigh*.  Putting all of these blocks into one quilt will be as difficult for me as anything else that I've ever done!!!  I do realize that ALL colors are in nature, but it isn't in MY nature to use them all in one quilt.  Having said that, I am very determined to finish this quilt, and I will.  Will.  WILL.  Use all the blocks and all the colors challenged.  I figure some of my least favorite colors will make it to the back of the quilt.  The 15 minutes play is "making fabric".  I would liken that strongly to crazy piecing.  It's GREAT fun!!  Part of the challenge is to add color pops.  At this point we have done peach, mauve, ochre, avocado, dusty blue, orange, yellow and rust.  I'm missing the dusty blue (about 1/2 way done), yellow and rust.  Seems the faster I go, the further behind I get *sigh*.

Anyway, without further ado..... here are some of my blocks!  I hope you enjoy the view and are inspired to visit her blog.  Great stuff going on there!!! 

Orange:

Peach, which my laddie would call shrrrrimp:

Mauve:                                                                             


                                                          
                                                         Ochre:                



Avocado!:



Can ya tell that I am enamoured with Avocado??  I think this is my favorite block so far, and can so easily see a totally green quilt in my future.  Of course that means I need to live to be at least 100 or maybe in 150 to complete all the quilts that are in my minds eye.  I just keep adding them to the list and rearranging priorities.  We BOTH know they won't ever all happen!

Hope you are having a great creative weekend.  Soon we will talk about my other project ... a Christmas quit and update my purchases.

Tracey




No comments: